Wednesday 17 April 2013

Rich Thinking! My Education


My Education ... so far

A few years ago, I was watching a every Tuesday documentary at night alone. The documentary was about how some of the poor children from China worked so hard in Hong Kong. Due to their bad economic status, they can only go to some bad and cheap schools. If the students get good grades, the school will not offer scholarships or any other presents, but something no one can ever imagined before - canned food. Every time they received food from their teacher, their face has a bright smile on. However, the lucky us may have no idea why they are so happy. These food can be bought easily from superstore or Walmart. However, these cans can save a family's life and motivate students to work harder. I was lying down on my sofa and having pop corns while watching this touching scene. I was so embarrassed that I always complain how early we have to wake up to go to school, how much homework the teacher has given to us or my parents don't buy the latest phone to me. From that day on, I never stop the "Never Give Up" spirit. Whenever I wanted to stop, I will remember their big smile . And then, I will get back to work again. Even though they do not have sufficient basic necessities to live, they still work hard. They never complain but just keep working on it. 
Then, why would I give up?

7 comments:

  1. I love that you didn't write about what you have learned in school or from your parents but what you learned on your own time. Many people would not have taken the same view as you on the documentary. Its wonderful how children who have so little have inspired you to work harder. If you continue to live your life with this outlook you are sure to achieve great things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I believe it is very important to be grateful for everything you have and I mean EVERYTHING. Some people always want more and are never satisfied with what they have and that makes them unhappy. Connecting this to education I think that we can be glad that we have the opportunity to study in such a prestigious school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope people can know more about the world by sharing this small piece of education. People are never satisfied with lives. Some always chase for perfect life. However, there are people who can't even reach a normal level of life. We should really be thankful all the time.

      Delete
  3. This is very inspiring. You brought up a point that I had not thought of before. Education teaches us more than the academic side of school, and you brought this to life very well. I agree with your view about how our problems seem extremely minor to those of others in poor environments. It really makes you sit back and think about life from a very different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have watched that program, too. That story was really touching. I feel really ashamed when I saw people working really hard but getting less than us. I always complain how tired is life and how difficult is life. We should always be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats right. We should always be thankful for having a lucky life. We should also cherish for what we have and don't waste our time and resources e.g. food. Some people on this planet are in a even poor situation but they are not complaining and working hard to change the situation.

      Delete
  5. We are very lucky to be in an environment like Ridley where everyone is motivated to succeed. However we do not see the other side of life, the side where children have there whole life mapped out because their economic status. Many of us take our education for granted, we goof around and think things should be given to us when in reality it is a privilege to keep educating ourselves, especially in an enriched environment like Ridley.

    ReplyDelete